We plan a wide variety of enrichment experiences for our children.
Sometimes these are based on their current interests (to extend learning) and sometimes they are based on igniting new interests (introducing new learning).
Here are a few examples:
- Visits from Jet and Ben the Police Dogs, learning about keeping safe (and developing interest in dogs and the role of the police)
- Visits from the fire service with the fire engine, learning about fire safety (supporting interest in vehicles and dogs)
- Cooking activities; making fruit salad, porridge, pancakes; developing sense of family/group and learning about different foods
- Learning about nature and seasons through our Woodland Area
- Hatching out of chicks
- Links with local church; puppet shows at Christmas and Easter
- Christmas party, decorating of the tree, singalong for parents, magician- celebration and community involvement
- Special days – obstacle courses, dressing up day , Easter hunt day; involving parents in learning, Leavers Ceremony.
These activities provided a different dimension to children’ s usual experiences, whilst also providing a vehicle to strengthen links with parents.